Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OPI's Hong Kong 2010 Collection-- Panda-monium Pink


Panda-monium Pink is from OPI's 2010 Hong Kong Collection, and it the bottle it looks like a straight dupe for Lucky Lucky Lavender of the same collection. Seeing it on the nail, I suspect this is only a wee-bit true. Indeed, this one is a COLOR CHANGER.

When I put this polish on, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a pink similar to OPI's Mod About You, but when I was putting it on, it looked like what I imagined Lucky Lucky Lavender to be. Most of the time, it looks like a slightly-more-pigmented pale baby pink. The rest of the time, this polish looks starkly lavender.

It was pretty much impossible to catch the lavender on photo, even after I spent a ridiculous amount of time tweaking the camera settings.

That said, I'm pretty sure that this is my favorite pink I have encountered thus far (and that's saying something). At first I was kind of curious as to why this color made it into a Hong Kong collection, but I think I get it now-- it's a chameleon. In most lights it's a soft, pretty, girly pink-- but it's apt to change into a funky pink-lavender hybrid. If that doesn't scream Hong Kong, I don't know what does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

love/hate? rant/rave? just wanna drop a line? leave it here.