Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Private Jet-- OPI Night Brights Collection 2007 (Blue Version)

As you may or may not know, there is a bit of controversy surrounding My Private Jet. In fact, this was the very first nail polish I ever bought with my own money way back in 2007. The original is my favorite polish I have ever owned, and so MPJ holds a special place in my heart.

But, I lost the poor thing! I moved 3 times and somewhere in the hustle and bussle I lost my bottle! I searched and searched for another but to no avail.

Then, 2 years later I found a bottle and bought it. When I got home, I noticed the color wasn't as bright as I had remembered, or as glittery.

In fact, OPI changed it's formula! (If you're looking for a dupe of the original, Color Club's Revvvolution is a good alternative). So today I present you with the bluish version. I have the brownish version, too, and soon I'll have the original. Oh, and sorry for the tipwear. It was finals when I swatched this so it took me a day or two before I took the photos.


MPJ (Blue Version) 1, originally uploaded by nail.color.love.

Even though in the bottle this version looks blue, on the hand it looks brown. In fact, while out the dinner my friend asked me where I found such a fab brown. She couldn't even see the glitter.

image_2

Even better, that same friend is a pretty successful attorney and she said that she was going to pick up a bottle and wear it to work! So I'm declaring it work friendly and definitely un-gothy.

image_3

The formula was fine, this took three coats and left no VNL. It's just the right amount of thin but I have to admit, I miss the holo version.

image_4

Anyway, that's all I have for today! HAGS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

love/hate? rant/rave? just wanna drop a line? leave it here.