Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Neons! -- Essie's Pink Parka


essie pink parka (1), originally uploaded by nail.color.love.

Hi there! I went on a total nailpolish binge the last couple of days so I'll try to upload some swatches as soon as possible. Today, however, I present to you Essie's Pink Parka

In short, this is what Pink would look like if it joined a rock band. It's pretty rad.

Pink Parka is a neon, so it's difficult to have true color-parity in pictures and it dries matte. I've tried several different lighting combinations in order to help give you an idea of what it looks like-- but you'll just have to try this one for yourself if you truly want to experience the fantastic that is neon.


essie pink parka (2), originally uploaded by nail.color.love.

I know the darkness of the photo is really annoying but it's the closest I could get to capturing the depth of color.

essie pink parka (3), originally uploaded by nail.color.love.

essie pink parka (4), originally uploaded by nail.color.love.

The formula was pretty great, as per usual. Although Pink Parka isn't marketed as a matte, it is one, so I have to say-- Essie nailed the matte thing. Unlike the OPI mattes that tanked, Essie's formula dried at a good pace and refrained from looking chalky. All in all, I'm pretty happy with this polish.

That said, I do prefer the glossy look of most polish, so I slapped some Seche on top to see what it would look like.


essie pink parka w/seche(1), originally uploaded by nail.color.love.


essie pink parka w/seche(2), originally uploaded by nail.color.love.

Anyway, that's all I got for today. I'm totally digging these pinks.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Nice nail polish.

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment

love/hate? rant/rave? just wanna drop a line? leave it here.